Sub Header

But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness,

godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. ~ 1 Timothy 6:11

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Series: Truth

This is the first in a new series of posts dedicated to Truth.  

In this series, I will explain the real meaning of words.  These words should be used correctly so that we, as Christians, can communicate the message of salvation to all we encounter.  
Communion in faith needs a common language of faith, normative for all and uniting all in the same confession of faith. ~ CCC 185
As such we must defend against the dangers of allowing words to mean anything.  Because when words can mean anything, they mean nothing.

So help me recapture the real meaning of words!

Here are the posts in the series so far:



Additional Resources

Here is a great article concerning the hijacking of language written by Pope Francis

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am thoroughly impressed with your ability to practice works of the soul. Personally, I sometimes find my spirit to be a chaotic/uncontrollable part of my being that my cognitive processes try to reign in. I suppose through prayer I can calm everything down. My personal issues aside, that was a very well written article. I especially enjoyed the idea that I should pray to be changed into the man I want to become. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed your definition of faith. It really made some of my personal issues easier to grasp and wrestle with for the first time in quite a few years.

    ReplyDelete