Sub Header

But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness,

godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. ~ 1 Timothy 6:11

Friday, September 25, 2015

Christianity is not, primarily, about ethics

The title of this post will seem ludicrous to many, if not most, practicing Christians in good standing with the Church today. And, I am embarrassed to say, I counted myself among their ranks only a few months ago.

Until, that is, I saw the video below from Bishop Robert Barron. This video struck me like a thunderbolt. I hope it will do the same for you.


Christianity is really about the Euangelion, the Good News, that Christ has risen from the dead and in so doing has turned the universe upside down. He has defeated death. A new life has been opened to us in the body of Christ. Now live that justified life.

This discovery is like a ray of light. It immediately makes sense. It is immediately recognizable as the Truth. This revelation is transforming how I approach my faith and how I share my faith. Thus, it transforming this blog where I explore my faith. Expect some large scale transformation in the coming months.

He is risen! Alleluia!

Keep Pursuing

No comments:

Post a Comment